They don’t really. They mostly make being in a band look cool. Which isn’t that hard when you really think about it, a lot of the worst bands in the world live pretty saweet lives. That and they’re not a Christian band. They’re “a band of Christians,” or “Christians in a band,” or “Christian band-ish,” but NOT a Christian band.

They also make working really really really hard look cool. And almost nobody can do that. They dress sharp, play home made instruments, take fabulous press photos, own every stage they play, and say things in interviews like “shit.”

Cool.

They’re also working on a new album. September release date something something, yadda yadda yadda crowning achievement. The hype is billowing; go big or go home, Mutey.

Jordan Kurtz

0 Responses to Mute Math make Christian music look cool

1. Tim says:

They are a cool band. I saw them live and it’s gotta be one of the coolest “Christian” performances ever.

2. Joe Carter says:

***…own every stage they play, and say things in interviews like “shit.”

Cool.***

Ah, yes. If only we could get more young Christians would say “shit.” Think how much cooler we’d all look!

Good grief. I hope you’re being ironic because otherwise that is the lamest thing I’ve ever read on this site.

3. Jordan says:

I do think everything else in that paragraph would qualify as cool, but of course that last line was a joke.

Once, when asked how they felt about being pigeon holed a Christian band, lead singer Paul Meany said “I hate pigeons, they shit on everything.” And while I think that’s hilarious, I brought it up only to point out the absurdity of swearing to appear “cool” or “relevant.”

4. Tim says:

“I hate pigeons, they shit on everything” that’s gotta be the best response in an interview ever.

5. Bart says:

Yeah, so this testimony thing…doesn’t really matter if your in a “Christian band” or a “band of Christians,” does it?

6. simon says:

‘And while I think that’s hilarious, I brought it up only to point out the absurdity of swearing to appear “cool” or “relevant.”’

But was that why he said it?