THIS WEEK, The Pontificast crew reconvenes at the Empire State Building in New York for a lively discussion of the following laundry list: Barack Obama’s historic win and his behavior since, Sarah Palin’s frenzied week of mainstream-media interviews, how the apocryphal young evangelical voted, and why on earth the Democrats want to start bailing out industries that are behind the times. Update: We say on the broadcast that we opened comments for this episode, but our comments-for-articles feature isn’t working at the moment. So unfortunately, if you want to rip us, you’ll have to do it to our faces: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pontificast for November 14, 2008
(click to play, right-click to download mp3 file).
Click here to hear previous editions of The Pontificast.
Articles discussed this week:
- Angelo M. Codevilla, “Trust Not Your Handlers,” American Spectator.
- Katha Pollitt, “Soyonara, Sarah,” The Nation.
- Ross Douthat, “Where’s the Journalism Bailout?,” The Atlantic.
- Megan McArdle, “Right to Work,” The Atlantic.
- Roy Edroso, “Decemberists’ ‘Obama Worship’ Annoys Reviewer,” The Village Voice.
- Alisa Harris, “The Novemberists,” Patrol.
Debs Francisco is a multimedia producer and staff writer at MVN.com in New York; she blogs at NHLgirl.com. Alisa Harris is deputy editor of Patrol. She teaches journalism at The King’s College in Manhattan. Nathan Poe is an intern at Oppenheiemer & Company in New York. David Sessions is the editor of Patrol.
- “Orthodoxy” Book Club, Chapter 3: “The Suicide of Thought”
- Orthodoxy Book Club: Chapter 2, “The Maniac”
- Introducing the Confront-Your-Prejudices Book Club on G.K. Chesterton’s “Orthodoxy”
- The Men of Fox News are Right: My Breadwinner Wife is Destroying My Marriage and Undermining Civilization
- Philosophical Flavors
- No public Twitter messages.
TagsAbortion Albert Mohler Andrew Sullivan Atheism Barack Obama Bible Book Review Books Catholic Church Christian Christianity Christianity Today Christian Right Conservatives Evangelicalism Evangelicals Facebook Faith Feminism God History Jesus Mark Driscoll Marriage Martin Heidegger Marvin Olasky Media New Sincerity New York City New York Times Patheos Philosophy Politics Quote of the Day Religion Religion and Spirituality Rick Perry Rob Bell Ross Douthat Same-sex marriage Sarah Palin Sex Theology United States Women