It's been an interminable week full of gasbaggy world leader summits and absurd flipping out about black women hugging queens. But nevertheless, we've done our bring you the most interesting links on the interweb today so you can go into the weekend so web-glutted that you won't even think about touching your computer until Monday morning.
- Yes, First Lady Michelle Obama hugged the Queen yesterday. Now, can we please move on?
- The Dow hit 8,000 yesterday for the first time since February. Don't get your hopes up.
- Patrol editors attended a party this week where former New York governor Eliot Spitzer was also a guest, and weren't adept enough to recognize him and Twitter about it. If that isn't a gossip-blogging fail, we don't know what is.
- Meghan McCain is lusting after "the best abs in the GOP," which belong to sexy 27-year-old Illinois representative Aaron Shock. Oh, and he's actually a Republican!
- If you ever wanted to know why Star Wars takes over young boys' minds like fricking midichlorians, the phenomenon has officially been explained.
- The red band trailer for Sasha Baren Cohen's NC-17-rated movie about torturing homophobes with flamboyant gayness is here, and it's … NSFW.
- We didn't care for that Sojourners cover story on Christian music, but it did have one interesting tidbit: Derek Webb is starting a Christian (!) activism site to be called "giveashit.org." We've been telling you, swearing is the new fire-and-brimstome Baptist preaching
- Christianity Today has launched a new women's blog.
- SlateV takes the yeah-yeah-heard-that-one concept of a new, even more micro version of Twitter—they call theirs "Flutter"—and actually makes it funny.
- OHMYGOD. ALSO.
- You know that new website you've been seeing advertised in subway tunnels, WhatIsTheNewBlack.tv? It will entertain you for exactly 6 minutes. But Twistori is mesmerizing right on into infinity.
- P.S. Don't forget to check back later for more on how Digg has become a douchey website, how Stephen Colbert Twittered through his interview with Biz Stone last night, and cool things you should check out this weekend.
TagsAndrew Sullivan Apologetics Arts Atheism Barack Obama Belief Bible Book Review Books Capitalism Catholic Church Catholicism Charles Taylor Christian Christianity Christianity Today Church Conservatives Evangelicalism Evangelicals Facebook Faith God Gospel Coalition History Jesus Journalism Marriage Marvin Olasky Marxism Media Michele Bachmann New Sincerity New York Times Patheos Philosophy Politics Religion Religion and Spirituality Rob Bell Ross Douthat Same-sex marriage Secularism Theology United States
Subscribe to Patrol via Email