Good absurdly cold Monday morning. Hope you had a great Easter – because lots of the bad people did! Here's the latest:
- The Somali pirates are dead! We have killed them. Also, we're about to kill some other kinds of pirates.
- The First Family attended Easter services at St. John's Episcopal Church, the home church of Bush family.
- Speaking of the Obamas, they finally got a puppy! Senator Ted Kennedy gave them a Portuguese water terrier like they wanted, but it's not homeless like they wanted. So they're donating to the D.C. Humane Society. (P.S. This story has a crazy journalistic sideshow.)
- The Simpson family, including Joe, Jessica, Tony Romo, and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, had a paparazzi-surrounded Easter dinner.
- Amazon stripped the rankings from several notable gay-themed books, leading to a Twitter backlash via the tags "amazonfail" and "glitchmyass."
- The Republican Party has kinda admitted to owning Fox News. Word.
- Today in the There Are Actually Hot Young Republicans After All file, there is Eric Ulrich, the new 24-year-old New York City Councilman.
- Somebody made another incredible map of the internet that probably means nothing, but is good for several mesmerizing hours of exploration.
- Hannah Montana, or, Hannah Montana, to be exact, is more popular than ever. Vanity Fair's James Wolcott is pleased that she quadrupled the sick Observe and Report.
- Kahlua sponsored a bash for the first episode of the certain-to-be-unwatchable Parks and Recreation, with star Amy Poehler and husband Will Arnett as the guests of honor.
- 47-year old Susan Boyle walked onto the stage of Simon Cowell-judged Britain's Got Talent and shocked the audience with a selection from Les Miserables. The priceless video here.
- Michael Sheen will play a vampire in New Moon, the sequel to Twilight.
Now go get some work done.
TagsAndrew Sullivan Apologetics Arts Atheism Barack Obama Belief Bible Book Review Books Capitalism Catholic Church Catholicism Charles Taylor Christian Christianity Christianity Today Church Conservatives Evangelicalism Evangelicals Facebook Faith God Gospel Coalition History Jesus Journalism Marriage Marvin Olasky Marxism Media Michele Bachmann New Sincerity New York Times Patheos Philosophy Politics Religion Religion and Spirituality Rob Bell Ross Douthat Same-sex marriage Secularism Theology United States
Subscribe to Patrol via Email