Me interviewing the original L.T., Lawrence Taylor.
My name actually is Debs, and I'll be guest blogging now and then on No Crying in Sports. After reading everything Bigs & Bones have posted over the past week, I realized I needed to chime in for two reasons: 1) I’m a girl; and 2) Bigs & Bones clearly know nothing about hockey.
Bigs & Bones are sports minus the best one, and that’s where I come in.
It’s hard to say exactly where I’m from, but I grew up in northern New Mexico. After brief stints in England, France and New York City I currently reside in Pittsburgh. Hockey is the reason I moved to the Steel City – to intern for the Pittsburgh Penguins. While I won’t be providing you with any juicy inside information, I like to think I know a thing or two about Canada’s pastime, so stay tuned, eh?
First things first: my sports creed.
- God created hockey on the first day, right after the ‘let there be light’ clause.
- It is acceptable to cheer for any team EXCEPT the New York Yankees, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Detroit Red Wings.
- The Red Wings suck.
- The NBA is annoying.
- The problem with MLB is all of the steroids drama.
- I’ll defend Sidney Crosby over Alex Ovechkin any day.
- Salary caps are evil.
- Peter Forsberg was the best player in the world before the lockout.
- Michael Jordan should have stuck tobasketball.
- Michael Phelps isn’t human.
- The 1980 Miracle on Ice was the greatest moment in sports.
- Watching the Giants destroy the Patriots perfect season was the second best moment in sports.
- And, there’s no crying in sports!
TagsAndrew Sullivan Apologetics Arts Atheism Barack Obama Bible Book Review Books Capitalism Catholic Church Charles Taylor Christian Christianity Christianity Today Church Conservatives Evangelicalism Evangelicals Facebook Faith God Gospel Coalition History Jesus Journalism Mark Driscoll Marriage Marvin Olasky Media Michele Bachmann New Sincerity New York Times Not Your Mother's Morals Patheos Philosophy Politics Pop Culture Religion Religion and Spirituality Rob Bell Ross Douthat Same-sex marriage Secularism Theology United States