Actually, that title basically says everything I want to say about this (go ahead, click it):

But, just for fun, I’ll unpack it a little.

Misinformed: The pie chart on the site indicates that something like 75% of Christians, or what it refers to as Good People, support Romney. Leaving about 25% “Misguided” who do not. There’s a link to a Pew Forum survey, which does indicate that the 75% statistic is correct, if you exclude non-whites and non-Protestants. But, I mean, they’re not really Christians, right? Also, the site takes it as a given that Obama is going to win the election; last time I checked, this is not the case. Otherwise, why would I bother voting…wait a minute…

Oddly Busty: I mean, just look at that lady. She looks like she could work for Fox News. Is this like a “sex sells” kind of thing?

Mean Spirited: Any non-Christians, or, as we’ve seen, any non-white, non-Protestant Christians are referred to as “Misguided.” Also, see the little history lesson, which informs us that if it weren’t for prayer, we’d all be speaking Turkish. Thank God prayer saved us (and Europe!) from that awful fate.

Bigoted: See above notes regarding the exclusion of non-whites from Christianity and latent bigotry woven into the history lesson.

Prayerful: I, too, believe prayer is powerful. So, we have that in common. For example, I’m praying right now that this site is a joke.

Mostly, I want us to laugh at this. Haha, silly “misguided” Romney supporters. But then I realize it is a grievous misappropriation of my faith for political gain and I actually get kind of mad. Then, again, I read it over (a friend on Facebook described it as a car crash you just can’t turn away from) and I laugh again. Help me!

On a side note, any readers know who is responsible for this?

Tagged with:
 
About The Author

Jonathan D. Fitzgerald

Editor | Follow him on Twitter.

Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.